Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy mothers day and also post a little update about the boys as of lately. I mentioned in my last posted Reece has started crawling. He hasn't taken off or built up the speed that Jason has, but it won't be long and he will be all over the place just like his brother. On Monday Grandma Judi was over and sure enough he was scooting around and next thing we knew he was doing "baby crawl crawling steps". I didn't have the video camera charged, but did capture it on my cell phone! So so cute. Over the last week he has made some progress in his ability to be mobile, but gets pretty frustrated.
As for Baby J, he is starting to get brave. He thinks he is a big boy and is trying to figure up how to stand up without pulling up. In other news, he is starting to pull away from his baby food and wants to feed himself his own finger foods. He loves mashed potatoes, mashed green beans, spinach and anything he can feed himself. I heated up microwave cream spinach the other day and he gobbled it up. My great grandmother always made that for us as kids, so spinach holds a special place in both our hearts and appetites in my family!

It's incredible how far we have come in one year. This time last year I was in the hospital spending the day with my Mom while Ryan fished with one of his buddies. Ironically, it was the same buddy he fished with all day yesterday. Yesterday, my mom sister, boys and I spent the day running errands and shopping then had dinner with my parents at their house. We had lunch at Culvers for Mrs. Ginas fundraiser and while we were there got a few pictures with the giant ice cream cone. Jason was fascinated by it! Later, when we got home the boys rode on the lawnmower with PawPaw and it was so precious. They loved the vibration and Jason wanted to hold the driving stick. They are getting so big. For Mothers Day today we did our own thing this morning (which was nothing) and then this afternoon I went with my Mom to get a pedicure. My sister had bought both of us a gift certificate and Ryan upgraded it to the deluxe spa for me and my Mom treated herself to it as well. Oh my gosh...it was soooo wonderful! My feet and legs are still tingling! The boys are currently asleep so I left them at home with Daddy for the afternoon. It's nice to have an excuse to do what I want and not having to cook today. I got a sweet card from Ryan and he also signed one from the boys. On the boys card he had dipped their feet in paint put their foot prints in the inside of the card. I was impressed because I honestly thought he didn't even buy a card since I didn't get it until this afternoon. Here are a few more pictures that I took this week that I wanted to share. Thank you Lord for letting me be a Mommy and for giving me the absolute best…






No comments:

Post a Comment